Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Recording Studio Update

You know me. I like to move when I get a message that God wants to do something so through prayer and my support team, within two weeks we had all the funds necessary to buy the land next door. I had prayed that the guy would find something he wanted so bad that he would be ready to take my offer of the full price he was asking until he heard that I, the "gringa" wanted to buy the land. He has refused to come down in the price so we are at a standstill. I am waiting on the Lord for wisdom. Meanwhile we started recording a couple of small projects. Went well for a beginner. But I we started having some problems with the equipment. A glitch, have spent all day today talking with Art Manke trying to see how to solve the problem. Thank goodness for a new computer program called Skype as we can talk all day and we did for nothing except wear and tear on our nerves. I'm exhausted and he is too. We did finally solve the problem. I kept hearing wrong, one step in the process of recording, and of course it wouldn't do what I wanted, only what I told it to do in correctly. Sigh... I'm to old to learn new tricks!
Because of the program Skype I have been taking lessons with Pastor Art on how to operate the sound equipment. I'm also taking classes with Sony online, on how to produce documentary videos. Later tonight I was listening to some Christian program over the Internet. They were talking tonight about completing a dream that you think is impossible and how the enemy will try to stop it. Well, never in a thousand years did I ever dream that God would be doing what He has started with this recording studio. That is why so many setbacks and attacks from the enemy.
Anyway one aspect that I haven't even tried to share with anyone before is the vision God gave me to have this Bible School where the pastors who have no education can study God's word and be better pastors by listening to classes and possibly watching them and then get a certificate. I have many missionaries who like me see such a need and they are willing to help. When we get them on Cd's we will put them out on the Internet so that other missionaries can download them for free and share them with pastors all over Spanish speaking world. There just isn't a lot of material that culturally meets the needs of these pastors. Everything out there is basically for city pastors yet 94% of all peoples live in remote areas and do not have the privilege of more than a possible third grade education.

We will also use this studio to record the scripture in Zapotec that Israel and I have worked on all these years. Then we have gals like Pastor Nely who has written children's songs in Spanish that speak to their culture. We taped one song with her this last week. Then we have puppet stories that they can relate to. My friend who sells puppets over the Internet was so excited when I shared with her that we have actually started recording some of the stories. She has so many request for material to meet this specific need and there just is so little out there. Both she and I see this as a ministry, not a way to make money. Then we will do mime's and drama Cd's where the kids can listen and they can be the actors and the Cd will tell the story for them. On and On God has shown how these can be used throughout the Spanish speaking world. And to think He can use me.

By the way, when I got back to Lachiguiri last week they told me that some of the local young people took off for Linda Vista with Pastor Asisclo, a village five hours away where 30 of the young people had come to camp from. Well they had some special youth meetings there and 20 more youth gave their hearts to Christ. Wow we are in revival.
Praise be to God!

Sheri
Support to continue this project can be sent to:
Agape Mission Projects
5126 W. Olive Ave. # 183
Glendale, AZ 85302-4209

No comments: