Friday, July 27, 2007

Virginia's updated status

Just a quick update on Virginia,

I arrived in Salina Cruz the day I last wrote. I had been told that she had gone to the hospital the night before so they could abort the baby. The baby has been dead more than a week but Virginia refused to allow them to take the baby. She signed papers and they released her. The next day I took her to another doctor who confirmed that the baby was dead. The hospital wouldn´t allow her to re-enter so Lachiguiri sent her to another town where they take care of patients free of charge. They told them last night that she would go into surgery about 8AM this morning. I just spoke with Israel and they now say that the doctor had left for the weekend and they would do nothing until Monday. I am now very concerned for Virginia's health. I am at a loss as what I should do to help them next.

Please continue to pray.

Sheri

No comments: